Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ready for Nana's

I've told Elijah a couple of times this week that we would be going to Nana's house on Friday for Aunt Angie's birthday. This morning I told him, "Guess what Elijah? Tomorrow we're going to Nana's house." He got all excited and started saying "Nana house" over and over.

Later that day, several hours later in fact, we we're all sitting at the table having lunch. We had this little conversation:

"Elijah, where are we going tomorrow?"
"Nana house."
Matthew and I look at each other, both a little shocked.
Elijah continues without missing a beat "Angie birthday."
We look at each other again, our mouths gaping. (I had only mentioned Angie's birthday to him twice.)
"Happy birthday, Angie" He says finally.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Wow! I am so impressed! He is so smart!

Erin said...

That's so cool! It's amazing what kids remember!