So, here are his step-by-step instructions:
Gather all your ingredients. (This was after his haircut!)
Mix butter, brown sugar and one egg.
Keep mixing!
Add some flour.
Roll finished dough into one-inch sized balls and press down with your thumb.
While the cookies are baking you need to mix up your icing to pour into the thumbprints. First, pick the two colors you want.
Stir!
Taste! You know, just in case.
Wait, this is the part where I'm supposed to show you the final product and you can see how great they turned out. But, sadly, I have no pictures of the finished cookies. Do you want to guess why? We ate them all! Sorry! Maybe next time.
Stay tuned for more baking lessons with Elijah. Next up: Pumpkin Pie!
In other news (baby news!) I went to the doctor yesterday. I'm now 14 weeks and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I go back in two weeks and then they will schedule my ultrasound so we can find out what we're having. So we should know by the end of December or the beginning of January. Pink or Blue!?
1 comment:
Thanks Cacey! I know, it's strange. In the afternoon is nice weather and at night it drops to about 40's. I love it though:). How great to hear from you guys. Elijah is getting so big and looking more like Matthew when he was little. Tell the boys we say hello. We miss you all.
-Maartje
Post a Comment