Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Faculty Appreciation Day at UGA

Hey everybody. I know you're all eager to hear about our visit to the team Spring practice tonight. It was awesome. We got to the practice fields at 5:30. There was a baseball game being played, so the parking lot was really full. I should say first of all we were amazed at how kind and how generous the coaching staff and the office in charge of atheletes' academics were. They provided such a special treat for all the teachers. I know everyone there will never forget it.


Here is Elijah watching the action:
(We are sitting on a grassy hill with a good view actually, about 10 yards from the players.)
















Here are some shots of the action from where we were sitting/standing:
(These pics really look great thanks to Cacey's new awesome camera.)
















































(This is Matthew Stafford calling a play.)














(This one is my favorite.)
(This is Stafford handing off a pass to Knowshawn Moreno, but you can just barely see him on the right edge.)













(This is Moreno going out for a pass by Stafford.)














(This is another one of my favorites; it's Moreno catching Stafford's pass.)





































(This is me with my students: Tripp Chandler [Tight End] and Andrew McClure [QB manager].)














(This is the trophy room.)
























(And here are all the gifts for people...you know who you are, Adam and Angie...although I admit some are for me and Elijah. Angie I got you this big poster in the middle [signed in the upper right corner] and Adam this hat on the right.) We could not believe how generous and kind Coach Richt was to give so many autographs and all kinds of gifts to everyone who asked.














1 comment:

Janet said...

Wow, those are some great pics! I love Elijah's jersey too!