Last week, Tuesday, I think it was, we had a huge amount of snowfall. In fact, I think it's the most we've had all winter up here. Matthew took off work early that day and we decided to take Elijah sledding for the first time. We ended up driving to a park about 15 minutes away to find a decent hill. The whole time we were out driving and sledding it looked like a blizzard out.
Elijah all bundled up and ready to head out.
Matthew took this while we were driving though New Haven, so pretty!
So much snow!
I have to admit, I did not enjoy this walk up the hill through six or so inches of snow!
I suppose I could have asked Matthew to pull me up the hill as well.
Uh oh. Wipe out!
Still not quite there...
Finally ready to go down the hill!
Go!
Family shot. I went down once, I think, I wasn't a big fan of trekking back up the hill every time.
Matthew went down on his own, headfirst. And completely wiped out.
It was so much fun! But after an hour or so we were all wet and tired, so we headed home. (Stopping only to pick up a pizza!) I'm not sure if we'll get many more chances to go sledding this year (hopefully the snow is almost all done here!) But I'm sure we'll get plently of use out of it next winter.
Oh and Elijah has been watching the Olympics in the evenings with us. His favorite event is the bobsled!
No comments:
Post a Comment