Monday, July 27, 2009

Goodbye Athens, Hello New Haven!

Tonight is not our last official night in Athens, but I really need to ahead and pack up this computer so I thought I'd do one final post here.Tomorrow morning we'll go pick up the moving truck and load everything up. And then we'll leave bright and early Wednesday morning for Connecticut. We'll be on the road about two and a half days.



Athens has been our home for the past three years and we will miss it a lot. We'll miss the excitement of Saturday game days, even with all the crazy tailgaters! We'll miss the hot summers at the pool and our church. But most of all, we will miss being so close to both our wonderful families! Hopefully everyone will have the chance to come and visit us up North, if you're not afraid of a little snow!



Of course, this move would not have been possible without the help, prayers and support of both our families, so we thank you all for that. I promise I will be blogging more regularly once we get settled and get our internet up. (And you can nag me about it if I'm not.)

The fam at the football stadium.



This was taken just days after moving to Athens. Anyone recognize that chubby baby?

2 comments:

Angie said...

Matthew, Cacey, and Elijah,
I was doing so much better with your move before I read this blog. I am so very happy for you and all your new adventures and Matthew I am so proud of you for getting into Yale; but even so my heart breaks knowing you are so far away. I love you all so much, please keep us posted as much as possible!

Maartje said...

We will see you later..right:):) We love you guys and wish you the best! Even though watching you go is hard, we know the day we reunite will be twice more blessed. Take care of yourselves and tell Elijah his cousin Will loves him very much and we will see you soon. Much love, hugs and kisses.
love,
Maartje, Adam, Will & Jack