For as much as he loves eating food, he also likes to be around when it's being made. Back when we lived in Georgia, when we actually had kitchen counters, he loved to sit on the counter while I cooked dinner. Occasionally, I would let him pour ingredients and stir a little. Now he usually sits in one of the kitchen chairs while I cook.
Today I was really wanting some home made bread, so I decided to try out a recipe for Ciabatta bread. Elijah, of course, was more than willing to help. At some point I realized he was doing the majority of the work, besides the measuring of course!
And now, I present to you, step by step instructions on making home made Ciabatta bread:
Step one: Mix warm water and yeast.
Step two: Stir in the flour.
Step three: Taste.
Step four: Knead the dough.
*Note, it might be a little sticky!
Step five: Clean up while the bread is rising.
Step six: Taste again just to make sure it's still good.
Step seven: Bake!
Step eight: Eat!
4 comments:
I'm so glad you posted! I have been checking EVERY DAY to see if there was anything new and today I was so delighted! Elijah is sooo cute! I miss him-and y'all-so much! Everyone misses you! And by the way...that bread looks really good! And didn't seem too hard to make perhaps you can send me the recipe!(And perhaps one day I will use it :0))
Love you all so much,
Angie
Michael is the exact opposite of everything Elijah is in this post. EVERYTHING. I'm very jealous.
Very cute, and looks VERY yummy too!
Awww..that bread looks yummy:) Will is so happy he got a chance to speak to you last sunday and he talks about you all the time! We heared the *BIG* news and we are very happy for you and your mommy & daddy:) Well, we are planning a trip to spend some time with you and the baby but until then take care of your mommy!
We love you guys!!
Aunt Maartje, Uncle Adam, Cousins Will & Jack!
Post a Comment