Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Busy busy!

Usually the beginning of the year signals a time to get back into a quieter routine than the holiday season could provide. Well, not for us! It seems like things are as crazy as ever. Matthew had the entire week off last week. Elijah and I both enjoyed having him home with us so much. Elijah may have enjoyed it a little bit more than me, since they spent the entire week playing football, trains, cars and Batman. This week Matthew went back to work, he's working full-time and will go back to class next week, so it's been weird it just being me and Elijah again. As for us, we're trying to get back on a good school schedule after taking a few weeks off. Yesterday went well. He seemed to remember how to read so that was a good sign! We'll see how today goes.
On top of that, we're preparing for a much-anticipated visit from my parents this weekend. (Please pray for good weather in Hartford on Saturday morning so that their plane can actually land!) We obviously have a lot of fun stuff planned for next week. Mainly, Chuck E. Cheese (Elijah's so excited) a trip to New York and lots of shopping for PINK baby clothes! (Well, that will mostly be mom and I.)


Let's see, what else? I'm now 21 weeks pregnant, so more than halfway there! It's crazy how quickly it has gone by this time around. I felt like I was pregnant forever with Elijah. This time I still have a hard time remembering that I am pregnant. All I have to do is look down to be reminded though. So far she seems like a wild one, but I think Elijah did too. She kicks constantly! I'm always amazing just how hard they can kick at this point, I think she only weighs around 10 ounces.


Anyway, it's looking like it's going to be a good year so far. Last year was completely crazy with the move and everything. But hopefully this year, besides the baby being born, will be a little calmer.


Here are some pics from this past week...
Mr. Fix-it
Matthew stuffed his shirt with pillows so he would look like he was wearing football pads, ha ha!

And me! (And the baby, lol.)

And a video of Elijah "fixing" his door.

2 comments:

Nana said...

Elijah, you did a good job fixing that door. Nana loved all of the pictures and your video. Mommy looks so pretty in her purple blouse. And I hear you and your Daddy had a lot of fun during his Christmas break. We love you all and are looking forward to the day we can be with you.
Love,
Nana

Joe. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.