Anyway, we had a wonderful Christmas at home. Matthew and I woke up a bit before Elijah on Christmas morning. I think we might have been a little more excited than he was, but we knew what to expect, he didn't! Of course, of all days, Elijah would choose Christmas morning to sleep in a little. I could see his door and his stocking (packed full by yours truly) from where I lay in bed. We waited and waited. Finally I hear him saying, "Mommy!" and then some long, rambling sentence about how he thought he might have some M&Ms in his stocking (he did). We let him come in our room and climb up on the bed to open his stocking.
You've got to love the Christmas morning bedhead.
Look how happy he is already?
After we finished with stockings we led him out into the library (where we put our tree this year) for the big present unveiling. He had not seen a single present that had been sent by relatives or bought by us until this moment. And this is what he came out to.
You can guess what he went straight for, can't you?
This Batcave toy was his "big" present from Matthew and I. Boy was it a hit!
It was a big hit with Daddy too.
Elijah loved it so much he didn't even want to open all his other presents. This gave Matthew and I a chance to get some coffee, and maybe a donut or two...
Eventually we persueded him to move on to some other presents. He was very excited to get this cute Thomas sweat shirt.
I was teaching him how to hold the present up to your head and guess what's inside, Conley-style.
It was Batman slippers!
I got my Snuggie that I asked for, and Eljiah promised me he would buy for me! You can't see it, but it's leopard print.
Elijah got a really cute Thomas quilt that my grandma made him.
Matthew got a toasty, warm bathrobe. Doesn't he look cute?
Love the expression on his face here.
After presents we made some waffles with our awesome new waffle maker. They were so good!
Elijah didn't waste too much time eating, he was back to his toys in no time. Of course, there was no napping yesterday, just a lot of playing.
Christmas dinner was just the three of us as well. But it was still fun to get all dressed up for dinner. We had duck, duchess potatoes, green beans and rolls. For dessert, cheesecake! (Can't wait for leftovers tonight!)
After dinner we took a few family pics. I love my new dress my mom got me! (And it's not even maternity!)
He's going through a terrible no-smiling phase!
My handsome boys!
Me and my baby!
That's all folks! Merry Christmas until next year!
1 comment:
Fabulous pictures!!! Glad you had a wonderful Holiday!
Post a Comment