Elijah is very excited about becoming a big brother soon. He talks about "our baby" nonstop these days. We're taking him with us to the ultrasound on Monday and he can't wait to see the baby again! Anyway, we had promised him that after we found out what we were having he could go to the store and pick out something for the baby. About a month ago he saw a stuffed giraffe at either Wal-Mart or Target that wound up and played music. He told me that was what he wanted to get the baby. We just happened to be at Wal-Mart last night and walked right past the aisle with the baby toys and stuffed animals. Of course he spotted it right away and we decided we had to have it. He carried it all through the store and even told the cashier that he was buying it for our baby. On the way home he wound it up and discovered that it played "Rock a Bye Baby." He loves this song and occasionally still asks me to rock him and sing "the Baby song." I was a little worried that he actually just wanted the stuffed animal for himself, since he loves stuffed animals. But he has assured me, repeatedly, that he's going to give it to the baby as soon as he or she gets here.

Anyway, here he is with the giraffe!
We're all very excited about the ultrasound on Monday. Hopefully the baby will be cooperating and we'll be coming home from the store later with something like this....
I'm actually really embarassed to post this next, but I guess I should for the people who can't see my Facebook. I'm 18 weeks and I have completely popped out! I was not this big with Elijah at all this early. Yay for second babies, right?


2 comments:
Cacey I think you look precious! Do not be embarrassed! You are so cute pregnant! I can't wait to hear the news we will love the baby whether it is boy or girl makes no difference!
He is so sweet! And you look adorable. :-)
Where did you find the onesies? I have to get one for Lily!!
Post a Comment