Since all our snow has been cleared from our driveway, we didn't really have anything to play in. Instead we hopped in the car and drove the few blocks to the town green. It was such a good idea, since it was all decorated and lit for Christmas. Best of all there was a lot of pristine, open snow. The boys of course, played football and threw snowballs while I filmed and took pictures. About 45 minutes later we were all pretty cold so we headed back home to thaw out.
We made some home made pizza and read a few Christmas books out by the tree, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "The Polar Express". (--Note by Matthew: I also read to Elijah from the so-called intratestamental book called 1 Maccabees, about the desecration of the second temple by the Seleucid King Antiochus IV Epiphanes and the subsequent retaking of the temple by the Priest Mattathias and his sons and the rededication of it, which is the occasion for Hanukkah and a very important backdrop for what later became the nativity story...okay now back to Cacey's post.--) And now Elijah's getting ready to go to bed (hopefully!) Matthew and I still have a lot of work to do playing "Santa" and putting all the presents under the tree, but that's the fun part!
Christmas certainly is a lot more fun (at least when your an adult) when you have a kid to share it with. Although, as I've learned today, it's a lot more work! At least, I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight. All in all it's been a great Christmas so far. Things have been a little different, since this is our first year to spend the Holiday's at home, but a lot of fun. We can't wait until next year. Elijah has already told me that he will open the baby's presents for her. What a nice big brother, right? ;)
Isn't it pretty?
Elijah's about to get tackled.
I want a snow suit like his, he always stays so warm and dry!
This Georgia boy LOVES the snow.
Cute rosey cheeks!
Again with the cheeks, I hope he never grows out of them!
He was making a snow angel.
1 comment:
Looks like GREAT FUN!
We didn't have snow on Christmas day but about an inch before. Love,Gigi
Post a Comment