Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Baby News!

I had an appointment today for the baby. They wanted to go over my blood work, which was fine, and also schedule our ultrasound. Of course, this will be the "big" ultrasound where they will hopefully be able to determine the sex of the baby. I'm 16 weeks now, and my ultrasound will be on December 21st, just in time for Christmas. (Family members can be expecting a phone call around 3:30 or 4 our time on that day!)

Elijah was able to come with me for this appointment, and he was very excited knowing he would get to hear the baby's heartbeat. The doctor not only let him stand up on the chair beside me, but she also let him hold the thing up against my belly. If that wasn't exciting enough, she also brought in an ultrasound machine (although since she's not an ultrasound tech and it's to early to tell what we were having) and let Elijah and I see the baby. It's really incredible to me, that at just 16 weeks, how perfectly formed this baby was! You could easily see his (sorry, I just say his out of habit) head, legs, arms and even one tiny hand. Elijah loved every minute of it, and I wasn't complaining either. I only wish Matthew could have been there. Also, no pictures, because she said it was an old machine and didn't do that. But we'll have some to show in just three weeks!

Anyway, I'll try to keep everyone updated, either here or by phone. For now, the countdown is on, 20 days!

1 comment:

Jason & Kimberly said...

Congratulations!