Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Post Which I Will Probably Regret

Why will I regret it? Well, because it's likely to come back to haunt me and turn out not to be true! But I just have to say, for the most part, Sophia is the easiest baby ever!


Just last night she went to bed at eleven, which was fine since Matthew and I were up watching a movie anyway. She fell asleep in her crib all by herself (with a little help from her pacifier) after she was done "getting her wiggles" out as I call it. She then slept until two, got up to eat and went right back to sleep until six thirty! Pretty awesome if you ask me, especially considering she's not quite one month old yet.


Of course, this is all a reward for having a difficult sleeper before! (Elijah!) Who didn't sleep through the night until he was almost one!


The only downside to her sleeping so much during the night is that she is awake most of the day. And, like a typical female, she wants all your attention. That doesn't mean she wants to be held all day, she just doesn't want you out of her sight for more than two seconds. So she spends a lot of time in her bouncy seat (or the jiggle chair as we call it) sitting up on the kitchen table so she can see me while I do housework. She also likes to be present when I'm doing school with Elijah, which can be pretty challenging!



As for Elijah, he's still completely in love with her and loving being a big brother. He got up from his nap yesterday and I decided to go ahead and give him a bath while Sophia was asleep for once. He normally loves his baths, but this time he was acting all mopey and depressed. I asked him what was wrong and he said, "I just wanted to take a bath with Sophia."





Girls are so much fun!

Blue eyes.


Edited to add:

You've got to love photo editing software!!

S

2 comments:

Gigi said...

We are LOVING your Facebook and Blog comments and pictures! Thank you so much! It is like we can see them growing and changing.
Love all of you, Great Papa and Gigi

Mama Mia said...

That last pic is AMAZING..what software??