Monday, March 26, 2012

My Biggest Little Fan

We all know Elijah is a huge reader. Hmmm, I wonder where he got that from? Anyway, for the past few months he's been constantly begging me to let him read my novel that I wrote. Finally the other day I was sitting at my computer doing some editing and he came up and asked me once again if he could read some. I agreed and pulled up a chapter I thought he would find interesting. Now, my book is what I would categorize as young adult/middle, grade action/adventure, so I can easily say it wasn't anything inappropriate for him.

Did he like it?
  IMG_3016

 Um, yeah I'd say so. He sat there forever reading it. Then when he was finished he asked to read more! I still don't think he's old enough to read the whole thing, simply because I don't think he can follow the plot, so it will be awhile before he gets to read the whole thing. Hopefully by then it might be in print!

This just leads me to believe that I totally made the right decision in switching from adult fiction to young adult. I'm so happy to have written something my kids will hopefully really enjoy when they are older!

No comments: