Monday, July 30, 2012

2012 Opening Ceremonies

Everyone was super excited to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the 2012 Olympic Games on Friday night. Both kids stayed up way too late watching the festivities on TV and eating ice cream. Elijah was especially excited by all the wide shots of London and kept exclaiming how it was just like my book cover (ha ha). All weekend we've been glued to the TV watching all the different events. So far we've watched cycling (for Papa), volleyball (one of my favorites since I played in high school), water polo (because Elijah's never seen it before), lots of swimming and lots of gymnastics. So much fun!


IMG_4051
I didn't ask them to hold hands, they just did.
IMG_4052
They had to get closer for this part, the giant Lord Voldemort! Of course I then realized they have no idea who Mary Poppins is! Something we'll have to remedy soon!


This is my last blog post from Connecticut for a while. Tomorrow morning, bright and early (actually it will still be dark) the kids and I will be heading to Panama City Beach, Florida to spend a few weeks with Mimi and Papa!

No comments: