Monday, July 23, 2012

Tooth-Face

Okay the title is an inside joke around here. You all know how much Elijah has loved all things Batman since birth. He's always called the notorious villain Two-Face, Tooth-Face. It always makes us laugh!

Anyway, I think it was Thursday that he realized he had his first loose tooth. Every morning since then we've been checking on it to see how much more wiggly it was. Yesterday after church, Matthew and I noticed it was practically hanging out, yet neither of us were willing to give it a final tug. And Elijah didn't really want us to. So we let it be.

This morning when I got up at seven thirty to get Sissy out of bed to go potty (because she's potty trained now!) Elijah was already sitting on the edge of his bed, clutching something in his hand with a big smile on his face. He jumped up right away and exclaimed, "Mommy, my baby tooth fell out!" It's no secret around here that we don't do the Easter Bunny or Santa, so when I mentioned the Tooth Fairy bringing him a little something he rolled his eyes and said, "Mommy, that's not for real." So I said, "Okay then, Mommy will put money under the pillow!"

IMG_4042

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yea for first lost tooth!