We've had this art easel for a long time. I think Elijah got it for Christmas in '09. I admit, I don't get it out very often because art is, well, messy. And I don't really like messes all that much. But Elijah and I really need the big wipe-off board on the other side for school yesterday, so I dragged the easel out of the closet and set it up. (Also, someone always inevitably leaves the Expo markers out and Sophia will do some serious damage with them. Do you know how hard it is to get Expo out of clothing? Practically impossible!)
As you can see, she also insisted we mix up some custom colors with the paint. We only had primaries, so we stirred up some pink and purple easily enough.
Her first piece of work was all purple. With the second she got a little more creative...
Purple, pink, yellow, green, and gold.
"Tada!" I think we'll call this one "Spring!"
Meanwhile, Elijah was hard at work on his math. I promised him he could paint later!
No comments:
Post a Comment