Thursday, June 27, 2013

Goodbye New Haven, Hello Macon!



Almost exactly four years ago I wrote a very similar blog post, in fact I'm just one month short of hitting the four year moving anniversary perfectly. Today is our last day in New Haven. In fact, this is an auto-post I wrote a few days ago when I was taking a break from packing. As you're reading this I'm probably helping Matthew and a few volunteers from church load up our Penske truck to drive back to Georgia. We will be on the road two and a half days.

Not surprisingly, I have a lot more to say this time around. When we made the move from Georgia up here it was so very, very hard to say goodbye to everything that was familiar. Today we're thrilled to be leaving and heading back home. Four years ago when we packed up the truck we had no idea what was in store for us, though we did know a few things. One: the three of us were together, and that was what mattered most. Two: that we could make it work in Connecticut, no matter how tough it was going to be. And three: we would make the most of our time here.

Here is a brief summary of our time here in New England.

232323232%7Ffp536%3B4%3Enu%3D3269%3E886%3E9%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3B46343%3C632%3Anu0mrj
Elijah was almost the exact same age as Sophia when we moved here, three years and two months. Here he is visiting the pier just down the road from our house.

Misc 206
We made multiple trips to NYC, so many I can't even count them all!

Christmas 022
We played in the snow A LOT!


And before the year was out, we even added a new member to our family!



On one of our many trips to NYC we visited the Met.

IMG_2415
We celebrated many birthdays, Thanksgivings and Christmases.

IMG_0002
Elijah finished preschool, Kindergarten, first grade and second grade. (This is his first grade photo.)

IMG_2788
Sophia just grew...way too fast.
August
We lived through a hurricane.


And one heck of a blizzard!



After four years of tireless work, Matthew received his degree from Yale. Since  he didn't walk I don't have any great pictures that represents this achievement. But I think this one sums up the life of parent and student pretty well.

After looking back on our life here, I can honestly say it's been a good four years. It has been challenging and we've had some rough times, but I don't think we'll ever regret coming here. Besides, we came here to improve our future, and with a new job on the horizon and moving closer to family a reality, I think we achieved our goal.


Goodbye 200 Noble Street, we'll miss you...sorta.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Love this post Cacey! Can't wait to see the adventures in Georgia for you.