Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Birthday, Straight A's, and more

Well, we forgot to do a birthday post, even though I told mom I would. So here are a few pictures from about 9 days ago on my birthday.















This is Elijah and I getting ready to blow out candles.















These are some of the presents I got: Seinfeld (Seasons 1-3); Chessmaster 10th edition (software); and Pirates of the Caribbean 2. We watched Pirates that night and I realized just how much I failed to appreciate how good the sequel was when I saw it in the theater. It really is great and I recommend seeing it again to those who haven't. The Chess software is the bomb. It has tons and tons of content. Perhaps the very best part are the hours and hours and hours (in fact, probably years) worth of tutorials and learning guides and instruction, etc. There is a database of thousands of competitive matches that you can watch with play-by-play commentary and instruction, as well as all kinds of videos and things.















This is Elijah and I a few days after my birthday, relaxing, because all my school work was officially completed.















This is us on our way to church for a special Christmas musical service on Sunday two days ago. There was a fantastic chamber orchestra that really did awesome.

By the way everyone, last night all grades were posted and I got all A's. Thanks for all your support and prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Horray Matthew!!!! I am so happy for you---- straight As!!! That is incredible. We are so happy and proud of you. We also are very thankful for Cacey's love and support all during the semester. I know the hours were long for her. Elijah's pictures are just so cute. Christmas should be lots of fun. He may start opening all the gifts early. How cute. I would not mind at all, and I am sure Grandma and Grandpa Conley will not either. You have a wonderful Christmas baby Elijah. We love you, and your mommy and daddy.
See you after Christmas.
Love,
Grandma H.