
Hey everyone! We've now been in Pensacola for a week. We've gone to the beach almost every day. Elijah absolutely loves wading in the waves. He goes running down to the water and I have to chase him just to keep him alive. Usually I pick him up and we go into the water until it's mid-way up my stomach. Then I bend my legs and we're both shoulder deep. He loves to point out the gulls flying over and the occasional boat riding by in the distance. He likes the waves most of all. When a good wave approaches us, he points at it and shouts "Here come big one!"
Also, yesterday (Sunday) at the beach, I walked along the beach from where we were camped to the restroom facilities exactly 0.6 miles to our west. Then I swam back that whole distance! It just about killed me! :) It was only about 1,000 meters, but with the waves and everything, it was killer.
Anyhow, this morning Cacey's dad ("Big Daddy" as we call him now) and I went to play golf on base. We took some pictures while we were on the course and I've got them posted down below.
But best of all, tonight we took Elijah to play putt-putt. He loved it. We've been promising to take him to play golf for the last week. On Thursday night, we went browsing downtown and Elijah got a tiny little putter from Academy Sports. It's really small, but it's an actual club. It's not just a toy. So we let him take his putter to the putt-putt place tonight. And it was a good thing too, because the smallest putters they had behind the counter would have been way too big. Of course we all helped him nudge his golf-ball to each of the holes, but sometimes we just let him hit away. Either way, it usually took him anywhere from 15 to 300 strokes to get the ball in the hole. But I decided on the last hole to let him hit away from start to finish and I filmed it, and can you believe it: He made par all by himself!! It was a par 3, and he did it all by himself in 3 strokes. It was great. I've got it on video and you can see it at the bottom of this post. (There is a hilarious part at the end where Elijah is searching for his golf ball, since it always disappears on the last hole. He was looking high and low. He actually looked over the edge of the bricks around the green to see if it relocated to a lower level, since it had done that on the previous hole.) Directly underneath are some other pictures taken today.



1 comment:
That par was AWESOME Elijah! It looks like you are all having a great time. Love & prayers, GG (Grandma)
Post a Comment