Friday, April 24, 2009

Elijah Quotes

Since the moment he could string a sentence together, Elijah has always been quite the conversationalist. (Bonus points if you can correctly guess which parent he got that from.) For the most part, I think he speaks quite well. But every now and then he comes up with a very unique phrase that we can't quite explain. Here are a few of our favorites, along with a translation (if necessary).

"It's too reachy" - I can't reach.
"It's not too fit" - It doesn't fit.
"That's not sense" - That doesn't make sense.
"You're/that's bugging me off" - Combo of bugger off and you're bugging me.
"It was just a deal" - He uses this as some sort of explanation. I think he means, it's not a big deal.

Some other favorite quotes that don't require translation.

"Mommy, can I have a snack and a drink and watch cartoons?" He asks me this about a dozen times a day.
"Mommy, you need to chillax." Obviously, that's a combo of chill out and relax. I guess I say that to him too often.
"I'm not tired, my eye just hurts." He always rubs his eyes when he's sleepy, but refuses to admit the reason for it.
"I'm just being a good boy." This is what he says when he's being far to quiet and I call out to him and ask him what he's doing. Somehow I'm always skeptical of this answer.

I know there are more...I'll add them when I remember them!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

LOL. My brother used to say things were "too fit" if something was too small. I know this because my mom has told me 500 billions times.

I would so love to hear Elijah say "Chillax"

RockstarMama said...

Those are the best!!

Oh, kiddos.

That was like the transcript of my 3-year old twins having a conversation with each other. LOL!

GIGI said...

You have some COOL sayings Elijah!
Love you,miss y'all, GIGI