Monday, March 29, 2010

Craft Time

I try to take some time during Elijah's school day every day to do some sort of craft project. Unfortunately, I'm not super artistic, so it's sometimes hard to come up with things to do. (Which reminds me, I have to dedicate a whole post soon to some things that Matthew and Elijah made together!)
Last week we had to run to Michael's for Matthew to pick up a few things. I decided to take the opportunity to try and find some things for Elijah and I to use in school. We passed the aisles of pipe cleaners and pom-pom balls for something a little different. Eventually we came across the aisle of wooden crafts projects and found these neat little car and boat kits. Elijah, of course, picked the race car one right away. (Also, they are only a dollar, so we've already been back to get more with his Easter money from his Great Grandma.)


I was hoping that we could work on it little by little over the course of a couple of days, but I was wrong. We sanded, we painted, painted again and glued all in one day, only allowing time for things to dry. He wanted to get it done!
Sanding...

Painting...(he painted my thumbnail black while doing this.)

Things got a little messy...

Gluing...

Finished!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Elijah, Nana loves your race car!! You and your mommy did an amazing job. Wish I was there; we would race it!!! Love you Sweetie,,
Nana