Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nana and Papa's Visit (Part 1)

We were fortunate this past week to have Matthew's parents fly in from Georgia to spend a few days with us. It was a bit of a whirlwind visit, but as you can see from the pics, we had a lot of fun!



Since we knew they were only staying Wednesday night through Sunday morning, we kicked off the fun a bit earlier than usual. After picking them up at LaGuardia airport in Queens we headed straight to New York City to drive around and see some sights. We've never even seen the Manhattan skyline at night and it was so beautiful! It happened to be St. Patrick's Day that day, so the Empire State Building was lit up bright green! We drove across the Brooklyn Bridge (another first for us) and then to Greenwich Village where were lucky enough to find a parking spot and head over to our favorite NYC pizzeria for some late dinner. Sorry, no pics of this little excursion, we were all pretty hungry! And well, most of us couldn't believe we had just driven into NYC just for pizza!




Thursday morning Matthew had to go into work for a little while, so Elijah and I took Nana and Papa down to our beach for a walk.



DSCN0490

DSCN0487




Sorry the pictures are a bit mismatched. Sometimes Flickr will upload them and sometimes they won't!

Friday was the manditory Yale tour, which is still fun for Matthew and I. I'm still discovering parts of the campus that I haven't seen before. Oh and did I mention the weather was beautiful? I was wearing sandals on Friday it was so warm! (Too bad it's supposed to go back to the 40's tonight.)
DSCN0511


DSCN0530

DSCN0508


Saturday morning we got up fairly early to catch a train into the city. We ended up running a little behind schedule, but managed to hop on the train right at the last minute!


On the train. AKA, Elijah's favorite part of the trip!




Inside Grand Central Terminal


Outside the train station



New York Public Library



On top of the world! Okay, maybe just the top of the Empire State Building, but close enough!


Outside Tiffany's! (Wishing we could go in and shop!)



Having lunch (pretzels and hot dogs) outside the New York stock exchange.

Since I'm having so much trouble uploading pictures (I started this post yesterday morning) I'm just going to post what I have now and work on a part 2 tomorrow!

No comments: