Monday, June 06, 2011

The Beach, a Pineapple, and the Braves

So, we had a pretty busy weekend. And by busy, I mean we were busy relaxing! Just what we all needed, let me tell you. May was such a crazy month, June has been the complete opposite, laid-back and relaxing. The weather has been warm and sunny, but not hot. Basically, perfect! Yes, I know we're going to die when we go south in a few weeks. For now, we're enjoying the lovely New England summer.

Saturday I went grocery shopping in the morning as always. When I got home we hadn't made any plans for the afternoon. We quickly decided that it should be a family beach day. The kids and I have made several trips to the beach already this summer (as you've seen in pictures!), but we'd yet to take Matthew along with us. After Sophia's morning nap and a quick lunch, we packed up and headed out. The beach is litterally a five minute walk, so we just put Sophia in the Ergo carrier and go! It's so nice.
June 2011 021

Sophia modeling her surfer-girl attire on Saturday.

My camera battery died just before we left, so I have no more pictures from that outing. When we got home everyone had to get cleaned up. Matthew ran to the store to pick up a movie for us to watch later. For whatever reason, I was craving a fresh pineapple, so he brought me one.

June 2011 026

Sophia was a little confused by the pineapple. We cut it the next day and ate it, she really liked it!

We had such a good time at the beach on Satuday that we decided to go again on Sunday. Truthfully, Matthew and I are trying to get a little sun before we head down to the sunshine state, so we won't look like the pasty New Englanders we are! We got our wish, and we're both on the crispy side this morning (not burnt, but...pink). This time my camera was fully charged, so we got a few good shots.


June 2011 027

She loves the sand, and the shells.

June 2011 031

Watching sailboats pass by.


June 2011 032

She was excited for seagulls or a dog I can't remember which.

June 2011 034

Trying to decide which rock to eat, that's our girl!
June 2011 038

LOVE this picture!

June 2011 042

This one too!
June 2011 047

Yes, I was there too. Sophia was ready to go home at this point.

June 2011 048

Later that night we made pretzels and watched the Braves' game. We let Sophia stay up in hopes that she might sleep a little later in the morning, it didn't work.


June 2011 049

Sleepy little Braves' fan! (Matthew's not burned as bad as he looks her, I promise!)

June 2011 054

It was a busy weekend. Thank you and goodnight!

No comments: