Saturday, October 29, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Now, I know it's not technically Halloween until Monday, but we've been celebrating a little early. I promised all the grandparents Halloween pics as soon as I could manage them, so here you go!

First off, on Thursday the kids and I made caramel apples for our pumpkin carving party we had planned for Friday night.
October 2011 001
Elijah had the important job of opening all the caramels. (Not pictured, I was stabbing sticks in all the apples.)

October 2011 002
Sophia's job was....taste testing the apples. Yum!

October 2011 003
And dipping time! They turned out great, picture of the finished prodect to come!


Next up, Pumpkin Carving Party!


October 2011 005
Posing with his pumpkin. (That's the face I painted, his was much scarier!)


October 2011 006
A rare picture of Matthew and I together. One of us is always behind the camera.

October 2011 007
Chow time!

October 2011 008-1
Scary cucumber face!

October 2011 010
Our finished caramel apples, Sophia really wanted one!


October 2011 012
Time to get carving, this is always Matthew's job. Birthday cakes and jack 'o laterns are his speciality!

October 2011 015
The kids checking out the pumpkin guts. Elijah thought it was gross, Sophia thought they were pretty cool!

October 2011 020
Helping out.

October 2011 021
BOO! Pretty good 'eh?



This morning we went to the mall for their annual trick or treating. It's so muche easier than taking kids around the neighborhood, and they both love it.

October 2011 023
This year Elijah was Luke Skywalker and Sophia was a black kitty cat.

October 2011 026


October 2011 027


October 2011 029


They had so much fun and got a good bit of candy too. Which Matthew and are now rationing out, within reason!

Currently we're gearing up to watch the GA/FL game!

October 2011 031

And you know, we're also checking out the weather, which is....SNOWY!


October 2011 030

1 comment:

GIGI said...

The Great-grandparents liked the pictures of their Halloween outfits and their new clothes too!
SCARY!!! LOVE, Gigi