Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sophia at 17 Months

Here we go again! Just four more weeks and I'll be posting about her being one and a half, crazy! Not much new since she turned sixteen months, to be honest. Sophia is continuing to become more and more a troublesome toddler than a little baby these days. She's talking more, making us laugh more, and well....getting in trouble more.




October 2011 055



Lately she's been into climbing things, I think she was doing this at 16 months too, but she's getting worse. She loves to go in the bathroom and climb on Elijah's little step-stool where he brushes his teeth. I have a two-step step ladder that I use to get stuff from the high cabinets, Matthew had it out yesterday and she climbed right up it like we had left it out just for her. Oh and she loves stairs too! Thank goodness we live in a one-story apartment. We do have four stairs that lead up to our back porch that she will climb if we're out their. And she's tried a few times to go up the staircase that leads to the second and third floors of our apartment building.


October 2011 095-1


I've already mentioned (about a thousand times) just how much she loves food. Especially snacks. She will often help herself to something in the pantry if it's left open and there's something yummy in her reach. Just the other day I was on the phone while the kids were having their snack, and Sophia decided she needed something else to munch on. She went into the kitchen, and then came back holding her snack bowl and the bag of Goldfish (which she got out of the pantry all by herself). She then proceeded to pour the entire bag out into her bowl and then started to eat them.



October 2011 093


She also is a big fan of apples this fall. No, I don't mean a few apple slices with her lunch, I mean a whole apple! We went on a picnic the other day and she surprised me by reaching over and taking out a whole apple and getting to work on it. She had another one today and ate about half of it all by herself.


October 2011 104




She still loves her brother very much and loves to play with him. Though they're having a few more squabbles than they used to these days. Most of the time the hugs outweigh the fights. Last night Elijah was chasing her around trying to get a goodnight hug and kiss and she was screaming back at him and running away. Oh well.

October 2011 066

She's been attempting to ride her little "bike" in the driveway and around the house. Some of you might remember this bike from when Elijah was little. Matthew and I both can easily remember Elijah scooting all around our little 600 sq foot apartment in Athens on this thing!

October 2011 081

Friday night we went out to do a little shopping and picked up a snow suit for Sophia in preparation for the winter. My mom specifically requested a picture of Sophia in her gear, so here it is!

October 2011 108

And finally, a smile! They're pretty rare, at least on camera these days. We're getting some family pictures taken in a few weeks and I'm hoping she'll be more cooperative with someone else behind the camera!

October 2011 105

No comments: