Monday, December 05, 2011

Decking the Halls

Well, technically in our case, it's just decking the living room. We don't deck our halls around here. Unless you count the front hallway, which is currently getting stuffed full of incoming presents!

We put up our little tree on Saturday. It was fun, but a little chaotic. Partly because we were also trying to watch the SEC Championship game and partly because both kids were tearing excitedly into all the decorations. Somehow, we managed to get it all together though. And despite Sophia's best attempts at un-decorating the tree, it remains decorated still. First off, I have to ask, whose idea was it to hang candy and tiny toys from the tree? Sophia is obsessed with taking off all the little balls, ornaments and candy canes. They are just far too tempting to keep her little fingers off them. At least she's not doing what Elijah did with the tree when he was her age. Take off the candy cane, and use it as a baseball bat to smack the balls off the tree!



The kids got tired of waiting on Daddy and decided to put the tree up themselves! Yes, we always say someday we'll get a real tree, but this year is not the year. Besides this little tree has been with us through all our family Christmases. In our tiny apartment back in Athens it just barely it fit in it's little corner.
IMG_2390


I love how we decorated for Christmas in Georgia gear.

IMG_2391

Sophia had to help the boys.

IMG_2396

She loves candy canes so much. She chewed through the wrapper! (Ugh, I know!)


IMG_2398

Getting to work!

IMG_2406

He takes this part very seriously!

IMG_2407



IMG_2408

Finally, the star!

IMG_2410

I know this is a lot less pictures than we took last year, but last year was Sophia's first Christmas! I also just realized I didn't get a full shot of the finished tree. I was going to take one this morning, but someone stole my camera batteries and they're currently inside "Whack a Mole"! Maybe later!

1 comment:

GIGI said...

You've just got to LOVE it! Enjoy these days. They bring back good memories for us. Love y'all, Gigi & Great Papa