It's that time of year, when the tree goes up and all the decorations come out. Well, in our house that means stockings...and maybe a tree skirt. We don't really go crazy decorating. Maybe if we had an actual house instead of an apartment we would, who knows? We're planning on putting up the tree tomorrow, since it's the first Saturday in December. Ironically, when I was a kid we always put up the tree on or around my mom's birthday. Well, tomorrow is my mom's birthday! Anyway, since yesterday was the first day of December I went down to the basement and got out the kids Little People Nativity. They received it last year from my mom and it was an instant favorite. Okay, Sophia mostly chewed on it, but Elijah really liked it! You can see a picture of Sophia playing with it last year here, wow she's grown so much!
Another tradition, is of course, the Advent calender. We always had them in Germany when I was a kid. So I have to go to Aldi and get a German one for the kids. I guess they have them everywhere now. The only one they had was quite large, so we just got one for the kids to share. No one needs that much chocolate first thing in the morning! As usual, they were quite happy to split the candy. Not sure how long that will last!
She's looking for more in that last one, ha!
Okay, so there's something goofy about the lighting in my living room (or lack thereof) that causes all my pictures to either be dark and blurry or too bright. UGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment