Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgeve

This morning I jokingly said to Elijah, "Happy Thanksgiving Eve!" He said, "You mean, Thanksgeve?" So I think we've officially coined the term.

We start cooking early around here, as in, this morning! I've got a lot to do for tomorrow's big dinner, and I prefer to pace myself a little instead of doing it all at once and making myself crazy! Well, I always end up a little crazy, regardless of how early I start cooking. (Sorry Matthew.) Thanksgiving dinner is a lot to pull off by yourself, but fortunately for me, I have two little helpers to help with all the prep work. They are no good when it comes to chopping onions though, I tell you! (Kidding!) And tomorrow I will have Matthew's help with everything else.

Today we kicked things off by whipping up a little cornbread that's going to go in Nana's cornbread dressing. Elijah has a little bit of school to do today, so he did his math while Fifa and I started mixing.
November 018
Elijah took this pic, hello scary hair! (Me not her)
November 019
Sophia got straight to work, she grabbed this egg and started to crack it on the bowl before I could even stop her!
November 020
Why yes, she's wearing a tutu AND an apron. 
November 021
She's actually pretty good at whisking eggs!

No comments: