Monday, February 04, 2013

Room Makeover

We've been meaning to re-do the kids' bedroom for a long time now. Both kids needed to be moved into bigger beds. Because of her penchant for getting into trouble late at night, we'd been keeping Sophia in the crib for as long as possible. But the other day I realized she was super-close to climbing out, or falling out, so we had to move forward. We realized right away the only way we were going to get a bigger bed for Elijah in their shared bedroom would be if we got rid of the train table. We were all sad to see it go, especially since Matthew made it for Elijah when he was two. But the truth was, they never played with it anymore and it was just taking up space. (It's actually down in the basement until we decide what to do with it.)

I tried finding some "before" pictures of their room on the blog, but I just realized 99% of my pictures are taken in the kitchen or the living room. I suppose it's because it was so crowded before I never took many pictures in the bedroom.

Anyway, here are a few "after" shots.
Feburary 007
Sophia's side of the room. She loves her "new" bed. And her Cinderella "B" as she calls blankets. She has a dresser on the other wall, you just can't see it.
Feburary 006
And Elijah's side of the room. Notice his super-cool Star Wars quilt? Hand-made by my Papa. We love it. Also, he got a cool reading lamp for reading in bed!

The room looks so much better now, I can hardly believe it! And though we don't plan on having them share for too much longer if we can help it, they really love sharing a room. (Most of the time.)

No comments: