Most of these are just repeats from what I already posted on facebook yesterday, but they're too cute not to get their own blog post!
The kids have been looking forward to Easter Sunday and the Easter egg hunt all week long. Mostly because I organized the egg hunt for the church again this year, so they knew about it beforehand. In fact, both kids helped me stuff the 160 eggs we had in the house. Okay, so Sophia mostly tried to sneak some away and eat them, but she did help some! And of course both kids had to have new clothes for the church service. Elijah has pretty much outgrown every bit of nice clothing that he owns, besides dress pants, so Matthew took him out a week or so ago for new duds. As for Sophia, well, we went shopping about a whole month ago for the perfect Easter dress. She has been dying to wear it ever since. In fact, she was dressed and ready for church around 8:30 yesterday and we didn't even leave until almost ten!
We arrived early to get started hiding the eggs out behind the church. When I say we I mean Matthew and a few other helpful volunteers, I stayed inside with the kids. It was still only about 49 degrees out. Brrrr! After a wonderful service, and a brief stop at the parish hall for coffee hour (or snack time as the kids call it) we rounded up all the parents and kids for the Easter egg hunt.
 |
| This is always my favorite part, watching all the kids line up at the gate, waiting to be released! |
It took me a minute to realize no one was letting the kids in, and then I realized that was probably my job! So I released them!
 |
| And off they go! Elijah had already run past Matthew and the camera, so he's out of the shot. |
 |
| Hello goofy candid picture, but look in the background, yes, that's SNOW! |
 |
| Sophia was determined to only get pink and purple eggs. |
 |
| It looks more like fall/winter than spring! |
 |
| Since he was one of the biggest kids there, it was Elijah's job to get the higher up eggs. |
 |
| When did my baby girl get SO big? |
 |
| Getting a little help from Daddy. |
 |
| Handsome boys! |
 |
| Bubbles! |
 |
| And obligatory family shot! Happy Easter! |
No comments:
Post a Comment