Friday, April 26, 2013

Peabody Museum of Natural History

Yesterday the kids and I went on a "field trip" to the Peabody Museum of Natural History. We've lived in New Haven for almost four (!!!) years now, and only been to this museum once. Also, during the school year, they have free admission on Thursday afternoons. Perfect! I had been planning on going a few months ago, but saw that if I waited just a few more weeks we could check out their new exhibit "Echoes of Egypt".
April 006
It was such a nice day! We parked kind of far away and walked a few blocks to the museum.
April 007
Elijah had to stop and read the signs in the "Cretaceous Garden". Sophia had to stop and pick dandelions.
April 008
Apparently the sun was in their eyes! 
April 012
Elijah was happy to pose for me a few times. 
April 011
(Sophia not so much!)

I did take many pictures, and there was no photography allowed in the Egypt exhibit. The kids each go these cool printouts of their names in hieroglyphics. 
April 013
They just had to stop and chase each other around this tree on our walk back to the car! Blurry, but cute!
April 014
And sit in this nice green grass, because we don't see much of that, you know.

No comments: