Thursday, April 04, 2013

Rapunzel, Rapunzel!

We've come a long way since little baby piggy tails over here. Sophia's hair continues to grow like crazy. I love it! She's already had two haircuts/trims to keep it tidy, or in that one case after she cut her own hair, to even it up. Obviously I love styling her hair for church and when we go out, but I haven't exactly been adventurous. Yesterday a friend of mine posted a super-cute wrap-around french braid she had done on her daughter's hair. I knew I had to try it!
April 002
Okay, so French braiding is a weakness of mine. I will be practicing more!
April 001
I ended up with a bit of a tail when I was finished, so I tucked it up and under. Her hair doesn't hold well with bobby pins. Next time I will put in some product first!

And of course I didn't stop there. I immediately jumped on Pinterest and started looking for other potential hairstyles. I found lots of fun stuff to try! I bribed her with a cartoon and got to work on our second style of the day. (I know, I know!)


April 004
All those hours spent perfecting perfect sections for perms in cosmetology school finally paid off!
April 008
I curled the back a teeny bit with my flat iron since she's lost most of the natural curl she used to have.
 Probably more to come! She is such a good sport about getting her hair fixed too!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am amazed by these photos! I know how to do what you've done in the last two photos, but not to that extent. I have always wanted to learn how to french braid, maybe I can figure it out now that Auttie's hair is so long. She has a lot of break off/short hairs around her crown though that are driving me crazy lately... I think the tiny rubber bands are hard on her hair!