Friday, September 08, 2006

Elijah in Pensacola


This past labor day weekend we all went down to Pensacola to visit my family. I know I said Matthew was working on a post, but he's been pretty busy with homework since we got home. Anyway, we left as soon as Matthew got out of class on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately, it was pouring down rain and we were in traffic in Atlanta for three hours! When we finally got there it was around ten. Elijah was good most of the trip, but towards the end he started throwing a fit! We couldn't figure out what was wrong with him! Finally, we turned on the light in the back seat and he stopped immediately. Apparently, our little boy is afraid of the dark! Friday we took a big picnic up to the beach. My parents go to a beach called Perdido Key ( I think) it's part of a state park, and you can tell from the pictures it's really crowded! (Just kidding, sarcasm does not translate into typing!)

Elijah having his first sippy cup experience, he mostly just spit the water back out.

Matthew and Aaron had a good time digging a tunnel through the sand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have sure enjoyed all the new postings. "Batman" is so cute, and your trip to the beach looks wonderful!!! I would love a trip like that. Your parents are very blessed to have this all the time. I am so glad you and Matthew got to go!! And that you got to go alone one time was very special for you, and no doubt very special as well for Grandma and Grandpa C. (keeping precious Elijah). Thanks for all the updates and all the cute pictures. By the way I was finally able to call up the video of Elijah at the beach. I was so thrilled. It is so cute of him. We love ya'll,
Grandma and Granddaddy Hopper