Friday, September 29, 2006

Splish Splash

Yesterday I had a very busy day. By the time dinner was over I was wore out, and there were still a mountain of dishes waiting for me in the kitchen. Matthew asked me if there was anything he could do to help me out. I told him no, because our kitchen is just too small to have two people in there trying to work. As a started the dishes I had an idea. I called Matthew back into the kitchen and told him if he really wanted to help he out he could give Elijah his bath. He agreed, but needed some instructions because he's only given him a bath once before. I told him he just needed to get him clean and get him out, but I added that he also likes to play in the tub . About ten minutes later I expected them to be done already, so I went into the bathroom. There was Elijah, in his little tub, Matthew in the big tub (with his swim trunks on!) and every single waterproof toy Elijah owned. And there was no washing going on! They were having WAY to much fun! By the time Elijah got out his feet were completely pruney. I'm sure he had fun with Daddy though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of long ago. Matthew always enjoyed playing in the bathtub. That was really sweet of Matthew to bathe Elijah for you, and I bet Elijah really enjoyed his dad playing with him. He is such a precious little baby!!! We can hardly wait to see him again.
Love,
Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

Cacey, looks like you have 2 boys to try to keep straight! I'm not sure how much help Matthew is to you, but it sure looks like he can help Elijah have fun! Can't wait for y'all to come this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Cacey, looks like you have 2 boys to try to keep straight! I'm not sure how much help Matthew is to you, but it sure looks like he can help Elijah have fun! Can't wait for y'all to come this weekend!