He loves elephants so he was really excited to see them in person.
This giraffe was a little camera shy, I waited forever for him to come out of the bushes!
At the lemur exhibit, Elijah swore they were "kitty cats".
Watching the monkeys.
We took this one today to compair with one from our last trip.
July 2006
Watching the gorillas.
Love this pic, he was just chillin'.
Zoo Atlanta was very proud of their new animal exhibit that just opened in April '08. Naked Mole Rats!!! EWWWW!!
We had to go back for talk they were giving about the elephants. Turns out one of them, Dotty the one on the right, below, is nine months pregnant. When asked when she was due the keeper answered, "Next April." Elephants are pregnant for 22 months and their babies weigh anywhere from 175-200 pounds! No thank you!
My favorite animal, the tiger. Last time, she had just had babies and was somewhere else.
The giant panda, Mei Lan, that was born in '06 at Zoo Atlanta.
His favorite part of the day, brushing the goats in the petting zoo.
This goat had just snuck up on Matthew and licked his elbow.
This goat was his favorite!
Riding the train.
Wearing the t-shirt we bought him and showing off the monkey he would not leave the gift shop without!
2 comments:
LOVE the pics!!! He is such a cutie and looks like he had a blast. You look great too btw :)
Cacey,you probably don't recognize me but I'm from BBC may 06. I had to comment because my son has that exact same monkey from zoo atlanta as his lovey. I live in fear of losing it! Great pictures, I'd love to go back sometime.
Post a Comment