Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More adventures in toddlerhood



I could write a million posts about all of the funny things Elijah does lately. I mean, sometimes I can see why people call this the "terrible twos" because it can be quite challenging on some days. Like yesterday when Elijah didn't nap at all, and at 9 pm was still bouncing off the walls, when in my book he should have been passed out in bed an hour ago! But still, at this point the things he does to make us laugh far outweigh the things he does that drive us nuts.


Number one at the top of the list of funny things would have to be the things he says. He is constantly coming up with new sentences. Sometimes they're the most normal things to say like, "I want some more." But something about the way he'll cock his head to the side and ask so sweetly makes me laugh every time. Some things are just funnier coming out of the mouth of a two-year-old, like, "What's up?" And I swear I heard him say "Dude" and "Holy cow" the other day.


It's also funny how he can sometimes misunderstand instructions that we give him. Sometimes he'll bring me an empty sippy cup and I'll tell him to go throw it in the kitchen sink. It became apparent to me the other day that he misunderstood me when I found his sippy cup in the trash. I guess he took the brand name "Take and Toss" a little too seriously.
Reading himself a bedtime story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elijah,
You'll have to learn one of GGPAPA'S (GreatGrandpapa's) favorite sayings = "Holy cow Batman!" Love, GG