Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mr. Independant


We've now reached the phase in toddler hood where the phrase, "I do it!" rings out almost constantly. Not that I mind Elijah attempting to do things on his own, in fact, I think it's great. I only have a problem with the things he decides to do on his own and the things he continues to "let" me do for him.


For instance, one of the things he now insists on doing himself, much to my chagrin, is emptying his little potty after he's used it. And then he insists on washing his own hands, which he doesn't really do to my standards, especially after emptying the potty.


On the other hand he's perfectly fine to continue to let me pick up all his toys, dress him, and sometimes lately, feed him.


2 comments:

Erin said...

Ohh Carter has to empty his own potty chair, too. He is actually not that bad with it, but i have to be "spotting" him the entire time unless i want pee splashed on the floor. Yes, this independent phase is really hard sometimes.

Anonymous said...

I wonder where Elijah got his independance from??? It couldn't be any of us in the Conley family could it?? Maybe??? Love, GG(Grandma)