I know I mentioned on here once or twice before how well Elijah was doing in his toddler bed. Like most things, such as potty training, I should learn that's it's just better to keep my mouth shut. Because as soon as I share *ahem* brag about how well he's doing, he stops doing so well.
Well, like I said, Elijah has been sleeping in his toddler bed since his 2nd birthday, over a month ago, and until recently rarely got out of it on his own. The few times he did, it was just because Matthew and I were still in bed and he came looking for us.
Two nights ago he decided to break this habit, it must have been around 1 am when I heard his voice. It was extremely clear despite the air conditioner in our room running, so I jumped out of bed. When I didn't see him in our room or the hall, where I had expected him to be, I looked in his room. His bed was empty. A little confused I called out to him asking where he was, he answered me...I followed his voice into the living room. He was sitting on the couch in the dark! I sat down next to him and asked him what he was doing out here and he said, "Watch TV?". I took him back to bed and he went back to sleep with out a fuss.
He did it again last night too, only this time he woke Matthew up yelling, "Want Daddy!" by the side of the bed. I think it might be time to get a gate for his room or something, before he gives us a heart attack. Or eats all the snacks while we're asleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment