Elijah has never been a picky eater, granted he does go through phases where he doesn't eat a much as usual, but most of the time he'll eat anything we give him. He is getting to the age where he has an opinion about what he wants to eat, like a typical two-year-old. Lately his favorite meal is; chicken nuggets with ketchup and applesauce. He eats this for lunch a few times a week and has now started requesting it constantly.
When I ask him what he wants for dinner, "Chicken nugget, ketchup, applebauce." If I serve him any kind of chicken he always asks for ketchup to put on it, I don't give it to him, though.
This morning, after putting a bowl of strawberry yogurt (his favorite breakfast food) in front of him, he acted like he was about to cry and asked for, you guessed it, "Chicken nugget, ketchup, applebauce." I calmed him down by promising he could have that for lunch.
We've been trying to get him to gain some weight since he went to his 2 year check up and only weighed 22 lbs, his doctor told us to bring him back in August to make sure he was gaining weight okay. Since then, he's gained at least one more pound and grown another inch! But we've pretty much been letting him eat whatever he wants.
Last night, before bed, he was in the mood for a snack and was asking for "Cheez it!". I told him he didn't need a snack because he was about to go to bed. He responded with "Goldfish!". This continued on for a little while, "Cookie!". I think I finally gave in and gave him some Cheerios and water.
1 comment:
Lol, they like what they like I guess. Reagan is in a big time "tart tart" (pop tart) phase. She just can't get enough of yummy brown sugar and cinnamon goodness.
Post a Comment