So, this week marks the second week of school around here. We've only managed two days so far this week since we've both been sick. Elijah is still enjoying it, although some days are better than others. Today, for example, he had no interest in ABCs, all he wanted to do was "color Lightening McQueen" and "do animals."
So we got out his animal flashcards, he's really good at identifying animals. Some of the things he comes up with crack me up. He calls Llamas "a mama". He can say hippopotamus, but he calls camels "canamals". We were looking at a zebra card pointing out his ears, nose, legs and other body parts. I pointed out that the zebra had a tail, "do you have a tail?" I asked him, he shook his head no and said, "I have a butt!"
Next we moved onto ABCs which is always a bit of a challenge. Some letters he knows really well, some not at all. We start with A. I hold up the card and he goes "A!" "What sound does an A make?" I ask him. "Ah" he answers. "Like what?" I ask. "Like apple! And Angie and Amy!" He knows A pretty well.
We move onto B. I tell him what sound it makes, "Like Batman." I explain. "Like Joker!" he responds. See, sometimes he gets it, sometimes not so much.
Later when we get to R he says, "It says WUH like MILK!" Apparently this is going to be a long day.
Here's a cute video Matthew took of him coloring stars. I was getting an art lesson from Matthew since I inherited my mom's artistic ability (meaning I have none!) so the wonky stars are my doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment