Just a quick word of warning, this is going to be a long post as we have been very busy all this past week! First of all, my mom was here for a visit and we stayed very busy with all things holiday related. We wrapped endless piles of presents, I bet you can't guess who they were for! We baked cookies and watched Christmas movies. Saturday night we even went to a drive through Christmas light display! Elijah loved it and insisted we all sing Christmas songs the whole way there.
 |
| My big girl! |
 |
| She helped us wrap. |
 |
| Elijah and I getting to work with the cookies. |
 |
| Sprinkling... |
 |
| More cutting out cookies. |
 |
| She wanted one really bad! |
 |
| And even more sprinkles! |
Friday of course was another holiday around our house, Matthew's 29th Birthday! We celebrated the best way we know how, cake, ice cream and presents!
 |
| Blowing out the candles with a little help from Sophia! |
 |
| Checking out his Hebrew Bible that I got him. |
 |
| Family pictures are hard! |
As you can imagine, Elijah is loving this time of the year. Every morning he gets his advent calender out right away to get his piece of chocolate and then asks me how many more days it is until Christmas. He loves singing Christmas songs, his favorites are "Jingle Bells" and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". Although right this minute he's asking me to play "Silver Bells". He loves his new Little People manger scene that Mimi bought him and he plays with it all the time. Sophia likes it too, she chews on the camel daily.
 |
| Playing with the manger scene under the tree. |
 |
| Playing with Mimi. |
 |
| She rolled right under the tree! |
 |
| Mimi and her girl! |
Sophia is doing great, and by great I mean keeping us up all night and being as sweet as can be during the day. Well, I shouldn't say all night, but she's up more often than I would prefer. She still only has one little tooth poking out on the bottom, but that doesn't stop her from chowing down on Cheerios or Gerber Puffs (her favorite!). She is actually saying "Mama" all the time now, it's so cute. Elijah was a little bit of a late talker so it really surprised me when she started saying it! I'll have to get a video of her saying it so you'll believe me! Matthew is still working on "Daddy" with her, but so far the only thing she has called him is "Bub"
1 comment:
Cacey! So sorry it's been a while since I last visited your blog... but I loved reading this post. It's been WAY too long since I last saw Sophia - not that she's my favorite of the fam, but she is the one who is currently changing the most in the least amount of time ;) She has so much hair! And she's so tall! She's grown sooo much - I can tell just from the pictures. Wow.
And you! I can't believe it's been SO long since I last saw you. Maybe we can hang out one afternoon soon? It's so much easier to come to your place with just the one than both ;)
Miss you, but loved seeing your sweet christmasy fun pictures and hearing about the grand visit from your mom! xoxox
Post a Comment