Monday, December 20, 2010

Professional Pictures




While my mom was here we took the kids to Sears to get their pictures taken. When Elijah was little we used to take him to the inexpensive portrait studio at Wal-Mart to his picture taken every once in a while. I think the last one we did was Christmas of '07 though. Since Sophia has never had hers taken anywhere but home my mom insisted that we go. It was a great idea, really, in theory. What we didn't count on was the fact that Sophia suddenly cries everytime a stranger talks to her now. Meaning, as soon as we sat her down to get her picture taken and the photographer tried to talk to her to get her to look at the camera...she cried. Oh my goodness did she cry and cry. I brought in my reinforcements, Mimi and Brother. We danced, we sang, we waved stuffed animals in her face and generally acted like idiots. All we wanted was for her to stop crying and maybe sort of look in the general direction of the camera. Finally, we put Elijah in the picture with her, which we had planned anyway, hoping she might calm down a bit with him beside her. That helped a little. Finally, as I was about ready to give up I finally got her to cheer up  just a little. And it was enough. So we got a few good shots. Well, not good, I think they're great!

1 comment:

Margie said...

I LOVE the pictures!! They are so adorable...Sweet Memories!