We started off January of 2010 with our first visit from my parents, who braved the New England cold for a few weeks with us. My mom and I spent our time together preparing for Sophia's arrival in a few months. Meaning we shopped, and shopped and then shopped some more. Also, we had a very memorable trip to New York City, culminating in our first ride to the top of the Empire State building and a ride out on the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty.
![]() |
| Mom and Dad at the top of the Empire State Building. |
In March I celebrated my 25th birthday with my two favorite boys on the planet! Matthew put a lot of thought and work into my party and it was a lot of fun!
![]() |
| Yes, he's wearing a toga! |
![]() |
| At Dylan's Candy Bar in NYC. |
May was obviously our biggest and busiest month! My mom flew up from Florida for Elijah's birthday and to be present when Sophia finally decided to show up. We had a great time celebrating Elijah's fourth birthday and playing his favorite "Minute to Win It" games. Sophia was due on the 19th, but the day came and went without her. Finally on Saturday the 22nd I went to the hospital for a routine non-stress test. There, right under the noses of the nurses and my midwife, I went into labor. I went and walked around the block a few times with Matthew since it was a gorgeous day. Around 2:30 they officially admitted me to the hospital and just three and a half hours later, our daughter was born. Without a doubt seeing her chubby cheeks for the first time was the highlight of my year! I still can hardly believe that she was nine pounds. A few days later we brought her home and we happily became a family of four.
![]() |
| Our girl! |
![]() |
| Sophia showing us how it's done. |
![]() |
| Elijah and his best friends/cousins, Jack and Will. |
Fall was pretty quiet, Matthew started his second year of classes at Yale and Elijah started Kindergarten!
In October we were happy to have more company when my grandparents came for a visit. We had a lot of fun shopping, visiting and eating!
We were fortunate to have a very pretty Fall this year and we made a trip to the pumpkin patch in late October.
On Halloween we took the kids Trick or Treating at the mall. Sophia was a big hit in her fairy princess costume and Elijah made a great Darth Vader!
| The kids and their Great Grandparents. |
We were fortunate to have a very pretty Fall this year and we made a trip to the pumpkin patch in late October.
| Cute little pumpkins |
On Halloween we took the kids Trick or Treating at the mall. Sophia was a big hit in her fairy princess costume and Elijah made a great Darth Vader!
Thanksgiving was another special time of us just being together as a family. The kids watched the parade together while I cooked and cooked...and cooked. And then we all ate and ate...and ate.
I don't think I have to elaborate too much on how great Christmas was, again. But it's definitely one I will remember forever.
To sum up, this year was a great year. We are so blessed in every way possible. Matthew did fantastic in his classes, despite the fact that they were the hardest he's ever taken. Elijah learned to read and do some addition and subtraction. Sophia, well, she's progressed a lot too, considering she's only been around for about half the year. As for me, I've mastered the fine art of multi-tasking and juggling all my jobs as a stay-at-home mom/homeschool mom.
Happy New Year everyone!!!







1 comment:
wonderful pictures!
Post a Comment