Monday, January 03, 2011

A Cry for Help!

Yesterday the kids were playing together in their room while I cleaned up the kitchen. I had gotten out Sophia's ball popper she got for Christmas. Elijah pushes the button for her and collects the balls to put them back in. It's a great toy for both of them and keeps them entertained while I get things done. It's also really loud, so as long as I hear music, I know they are still playing together. Elijah will eventually get bored and drift over to his train table or his Hot Wheels and start playing by himself. Sophia will usually lay down and roll towards her books and grab something else to play with. Occasionally she tries to escape and aims her rolls towards the door and the kitchen where I am.

Yesterday I had finished up cleaning and sat down to check my email or Facebook when I realize I didn't hear the music of the ball popper anymore. Pretty soon afterward I hear Sophia calling out, "Ma ma, ma ma." Not a big surprise. She calls for Matthew or I almost constantly these days. (Seriously, I was awakened at five this morning by, "Da da, DA DAAA!!".) I didn't jump up right away, because,  like I said, she calls for me all of the time. Also, I figured if something was wrong, Elijah would have alerted me, since he's usually keeping an eye on his little sister. After a minute though, she started calling me a little louder and a little more frantic. Immediately realizing there might be something wrong I hurried to their room. When I saw her, she was panicking just a little, but happy to see me. And well, I could help but grab the camera and snapping a quick picture before rescuing her from her little predicament.

She had rolled right under her crib!


A little help please!
She is so crazy, this isn't the first time she's gotten herself into a funny position. Just the other day she was playing Duplos with Elijah, fell backwards and landed with her head right in the bucket! She wasn't too happy, so there are no pictures of that particular incident. I'm a little worried what I'm going to do with her when she starts crawling. This place is about three times bigger than the apartment we lived in when Elijah was crawling and even he managed to get into trouble. I guess I'll be breaking out the playpen, aka baby prison, for those times I have to leave her out of my sight. And there's always big brother keeping an eye out, except when you decide to roll under the crib!

No comments: