Basically that's the only word I can think of to describe what it's like outside right now. I'm having a hard time keeping track of how much snow we got when. Tuesday we got three inches or so during the early morning. I remember that because the kids and I had plans to go the mom's meeting at church and we had to stay home because of the weather. Then Wednesday we were forecasted to get another big snow. But it started snowing around nine that morning, so we got another unexpected inch or two. Wednesday night was the big storm, our sixth of the year so far, yeah, just in January! We got another fifteen inches overnight, right on top of everything we already had. (Remember we got nineteen inches just a week ago!) It was really insane out. I've seen plenty of snow since we've lived here, but nothing quite like this. Now that the snow plows have all been through plenty of times and the sidewalks have been shoveled it looks really crazy to see the huge amounts of snow piled by the side of the road. They said on the news we have about 30+ inches accumulated on the ground right now and we've had a snowfall of 44+ this January. Oh and it snowed another inch last night. Which is nothing compared to what we already had of course.
Lucky for me I don't have to go out in it, pretty much ever if I don't want to. But this morning I had to go do some grocery shopping. We can't really get into our driveway right now, so we're parking in the daycare parking lot across the street. It was not really my idea of fun to trek through the snow across the street and then on the way back with a weeks worth of groceries.
Anyway, my camera has miraculously started working again, so I snapped some pics of the crazy snow.
 |
| The sidewalk in front of our house. The snow on either side is several feet tall! |
 |
| We have a little hedged-in front yard, the snow is up to the top of the bushes. |
 |
| Front view of the house. |
No comments:
Post a Comment