Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More Snow

It looks like 2011 is going to be a snowy year for us up here in Connecticut. We had been watching the storm for a few days now, it was the very same storm that dumped snow and ice on our family down in Georgia. Apparently, once it got here it crashed into another system and caused a massive, massive snow storm. Yesterday they were predicting it to start around ten p.m. with a snow fall of 10-20 inches across the state. The said snow would be falling at a rate of 2-4 inches per hour! Of course Matthew and I had to stay up and see if this was really going to happen. Sure enough, around ten on the dot the snow started falling, hard. After just forty-five minutes there was already over an inch on the ground. And by the time we went to bed around midnight it was already over three inches.

Lucky for me, I was up several times last night (ha, thanks Sophia) and was able to check and see how much had fallen. It was piling up like crazy! By morning we had well over a foot. Certainly the most we've ever had since we've lived here. Also, we already had at least four inches on the ground before this storm! Obviously we're staying in today. They haven't even bothered to plow very much yet, since it was still snowing until about an hour ago.


Of course I have some pictures, though they're not very good. Our camera is broken right now (so sad) so I had to snap a few with Elijah's camera.
The view from our front door, as far as I was willing to go!

Even though we usually love to go play in the snow, I think we will sit this one out. Especially since the snow would be up past Elijah's knees! Hopefully they will have the roads plowed by tomorrow so Matthew can get back to work and class. Until then, I guess we're snowed in!

No comments: