Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow Day!

Now, usually there are no snow days in homeschooling (sorry Elijah), but it's not every day that there is nineteen (yes I said NINETEEN) inches of snow on the ground. So, after breakfast I bundled up the kids and headed out. Our driveway had been cleared by our landlord so I was able to just put Sophia in the stroller and push her around. Okay, slide her around, it was slipppery! Because they had used a snow blower to clear the driveway there were huge drifts at the back of the driveway behind the house, and even larger ones where the snowplows passed by the end of the drive way. Elijah went straight to a huge drift and jumped right in! We threw snow balls at each other for awhile, even though they were more like snow clumps because the snow we get here is very dry and doesn't pack well. We "skated" on the icy parts of the driveway, and Elijah fell several times. Thankfully, he was well protected by his snow suit. I managed not to fall, but someone was trying really hard to push me into a snow drift (Elijah!). Before we went in I let him suceed. It was very cold! Sophia enjoyed watching us play, though she was often looking at us like we were out of our minds! We didn't stay out very long, but it was a lot of fun. He's already asking to go back out again tomorrow.

Photos courtesy of Elijah's camera, once again.




No comments: