Friday, January 14, 2011

Bows, Clothes and Shoes, Oh My!

100% girl and 100% cute!

When I was pregnant with Sophia, before we knew she was a girl, I said that I 51% wanted a girl. Meaning I was leaning ever-so-slightly in favor of wanting a girl, but not too much. On one hand, I already had a boy and identified with being a "boy mom" and all that that entails. I wasn't too sure how I would handle being a "girl mom" and all the girliness that it entails. On the other hand, I think everyone who already has a child of one gender, will lean towards having the other the second time around. So it felt perfectly natural to want a girl a little bit more.
"Jeggings" and boots, she knows what's in style!

Still, when we got that big news, "it's a girl!" I went into complete shock. Going out for the first time and buying something super girly and PINK felt strange and foreign, but good! I sometimes wonder if I would have been less inclined to go super girly if I had had a girl first. Since I've been surrounded by nothing but boy things, Batman, baseball, football and such, I tend to favor pink things more than neutral clothes for my girl.

Cute shoes, right?
Thankfully, I have a lot of enablers when it comes to my girly clothes needs. Meaning, plenty of grandmas, great-grandmas and aunts who are more than happy to keep Sophia very well clothed. Being the only baby girl in the family certainly has its perks! Although occasionally I spot an item that she simply cannot live without. Just the other day I had taken a bunch of her summer clothes to the consignment shop. They were having a huge winter sale, but I couldn't think of one single item she needed. I did, however, find a pair of brand-new hot pink tennis shoes that she absolutely had to have (hey they were $3.50!). Also, I spotted the teeniest, tiniest, clippy bow that I have ever seen (you know she can only wear headbands since she doesn't have much hair), and of course she had to have it.


She rather take them off and chew on them. Can you spot her two bottom teeth?

Nine times out of ten these days she's dressed way cuter than I am, and I don't mind a bit! Her shoe collection is getting a bit ridiculous. She still has super-tiny feet, though I buy her size 2s or 6-12 months sizes, her foot only takes up about 2/3 of the actual shoe.

My camera actually has been working again, though I'm still getting an occasional "lens error" which makes me think it won't be lasting much longer!
Her first real bow!
I have a pretty great Elijah post coming up soon, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Sophia is PRECIOUS! Cacey you did great finding those precious little pink tennis shoes! She is very fashionable! I also love, love, love the hair bow!

Anonymous said...

DITTO! Gigi

Anonymous said...

So cute, Cacey! Love how stylin' she is. Man, maybe I can give you some of Eden's shoes when she's out grown them? Already, I can hardly put 6-12 month shoes on her, in part because of her huge cankles! hahaha

I love the teeny tiny bow, too ;) xoxo