Well, I had already anticipated this week being a bit hectic and crazy. It was Matthew's first week back to work, and he's working full time hours this week. It was supposed to be Elijah's first week back to school as well. What I didn't anticipate was myself finally catching the cold that Matthew had the whole Christmas break! I started getting sick around Monday evening, I'm feeling okay now. Not 100%, but better than I did earlier this week. We've still managed to do school most of the week, and I'm okay with that.
Anyway, enough about me, on to the kids, and the pictures! Elijah did great this week in school despite the fact the we took about two weeks off for the holidays. He didn't forget how to read or anything, so that's good. Speaking of reading, he is going to be finishing up his Hooked on Phonics Kindergarten reading program really soon so I need to decided what to do with him next. I guess I should look into the first grade program, but that seems crazy. We have spent a lot of time playing the Wii this week. With his giftcard from Uncle Aaron he got two Star Wars games, a lightsaber dueling game and a Republic Heroes game. They are both a lot of fun, and I think I enjoy playing them with him as much as he does!
| Elijah and his friend Izzie. |
| Sophia and her favorite bucket of blocks. |
Sophia is growing, again. I took her on the scale with me the other day to weigh her, because I had suspected she had had a growth spurt. Sure enough, according to our home scale, she's now about 16 pounds! That's over a one pound gain since her six-month check up! It's probably thanks to her new found love of baby food. She's always liked it, but she loves it now! She eats about three jars a day. She's not too picky, although she HATES the meat baby food. She now wears almost all nine month clothes, although the sleeves are always too long. I guess she has short arms like her mama! She says "Da da" constantly, I mean constantly! I'm starting to get a little jealous. Yesterday at the grocery store Matthew walked off to go get something else and she just called after him, "Da da, da da!!!" So cute. She wants to crawl, badly. And she can get from a sitting position onto the floor without crashing, but so far no forward movement. Honestly, I'm not really looking forward to her crawling, she can be a bit of a trouble maker, so there's no telling what she will get herself into once she's mobile!
| Chilling in the laundry basket. |
So, that's about it for us. Matthew starts classes next week, so we're about to amp up the busy-ness. Hopefully we'll all be healthy next week and able to tackle a full load of schoolwork. Oh and we're expecting yet another big snow this afternoon, so it looks like it will be a quiet weekend at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment