Sophia is eight months old today, hard to believe since I feel like she was just eight weeks! I guess that's the way it goes with babies, they grow far to quickly.
I have a feeling eight months is going to be big for her. She's super close to both pulling up and crawling! She can pull her self up to her knees in her crib or on her little play table. And if you stand her up, she'll hang on for quite a while. As for crawling, she can pretty much get into the correct position, on her hands and knees, but she'll just rock back or forth or push herself backwards. We're getting a little anxious at the thought of her being mobile. She seems to be one of those babies that only wants what she can't have. Her toys are great, but Elijah's Star Wars figures interest her way more. She likes her food, but mommy's lunch looks better. Oh and daddy's book, that would be great for a teether!
So, I don't know what we're going to do with her when we've lost our last line of defense for keeping her out of all these things. I have a feeling I'm about to become very busy!
Ever since she was around six months old she has become a little more shy around strangers. Remember the photo shoot at Sears? Yeah, that was bad. She went in the nursery for the first time about a week ago while I went to a mom's group. She did great, but I'm wondering if she was calmer since Elijah was there with her. Also, all the other babies are her friends already. But then last Friday, I was cutting the hair of some friends from the Div school and she completely freaked out! Maybe she doesn't like strangers in her house. Then I had two more haircuts the next week and she didn't mind them at all. So, she's selectively shy. I did notice if I'm holding her and someone talks to her she leans her head against my shoulder and kind of peeks out at them shyly.
She's so funny. Her latest obsession is blowing raspberries, quite loudly. I remember Elijah doing the same thing at her age. In fact I remember him making motorboat noises as he crawled around the house. She's still trying to talk all the time, though her favorites are still "Mama" and "Dada". We've heard her say "Nana" and also "Ah yi ya", which we think is her trying to say Elijah. Maybe?
She's now eating a lot more finger foods than she used to, which I'm pretty happy about. She loves to be fed during breakfast and dinner it makes it really hard to eat anything myself! The other day I cut up a banana and that kept her quite busy. She's also had a little shredded cheese, beans and pasta. Again, she's just like her brother in that regard, he didn't eat baby food for long either.
I think that's all for now. Sorry, no pictures. Maybe I will try to snap a few with Elijah's camera later.
No comments:
Post a Comment